Saturday, September 23, 2006

To the woman who wouldn't let anyone sit next to her at the Farmer's Market because her husband was going to sit there when he arrived eventually

I'm sorry but I think you're a tit. Unless your husband is imaginary and people were going to be sitting on his lap. Then I could understand. But he arrived in the flesh eventually. Why couldn't someone just sit there to eat their breakfast until your husband arrived? I'm sure anyone would be pleased to stand up for him when he got there.

Judging from the pruny lines around your mouth, you are either a smoker or a perennial bitch. From the way you looked at the people standing around you waiting for a place to sit, I think it's the latter.

I realize my 7 1/2-moth-old baby has been waking up between 5 and 10 times a night for the last few weeks when most other babies are sleeping through the whole night or at least only waking twice and my indignation may be just a tad disproportionate. But still... let someone sit their sorry ass down until your husband gets there.

1 comment:

Mad said...

It's amazing to me just how much having a kid brings both considerate and horribly, horribly inconsiderate people out of the woodwork. I have long since given up expecting anyone to hold a door for me while I have the stroller. I think people simply forget or just never realize how hard it is having and infant.