Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Surreal Store Incident

This afternoon we went to the local convenience store for bread and chocolate. I thought I might also like cookies but I couldn't. I stood in the cookie aisle trying to decide for a long time. While I stood there, a man went into the aisle across from me. We made eye contact, briefly, and in retrospect I can say there was something a bit odd about him, a bit shifty. As I watched out of the corner of my eye, he opened up his bomber jacket and I though, "Wow, he's going to shoplift. Or pull out a gun." I was a bit nervous while I waited to find out which. But no, he just picked up a can of spray deoderant, sprayed it liberally into each armpit, put the canister back on the shelf and walk away, leaving a cloud of deoderant in his wake.

When I went to the cash to pay for my purchases I asked if the clerk had noticed. He hadn't, so I guess this guy had some experience. Bizarre. I swear I don't make this shit up.

1 comment:

Girlplustwo said...

wow. he must have really needed it?

hey, regarding your question on mmy blog - if it's important for you to go, I say go for it. Enduring the plane ride might be awful, but the reward is getting there!