Sunday, September 10, 2006

Surgery and snurffles

I've recently discovered Grey's Anatomy. I guess it was on too late for me before but now it's on at an earlier time. So yesterday I rented Season 1 on dvd and started watching it. It's about a bunch of surgical interns so there are lots of surgery scenes. And I found myself having flashbacks to Ezra's surgical birth. Which wasn't awful except that he was in distress and I wasn't sure we'd end up with a baby. Specifically I think I was remembering the silent time between when he was born and when I heard him cry. At the time I didn't let myself think about the baby. But it's much scarier in retrospect to consider the possibility of Ezra not being in our lives. Now that we've gotten to know his giggles, the little sounds he makes when he wakes up in the morning, how he says breathily, "Heyyyy," when Dave comes home from work and, of course, his endless smiles. I got over the flashbacks by the time I got into the third episode.

In other news, I got stung by a wasp yesterday and it really hurt. I totally don't want this to be a whiny blog but I've never had a wasp sting hurt and itch so much before. It's still itchy and sore this morning. And Ezra has a snurffly nose. It rattles when he nurses, poor guy, but otherwise his spirits remain high and he seems basically ok.

tags: ,

No comments: