Monday, November 13, 2006

Yesterday

Swee'pea:

  • I mentioned last week that Swee'pea has a thing for electronics, especially the remote. Well yesterday he saw my cell phone for the first time and literally drooled, just standing there open mouthed at the beauty and wonder of it. I think it's the blue LCD screen, which was the reason I chose that model. I love blue LCDs; so, apparently, does Swee'pea.
  • Also yesterday, he climbed right into the tv stand and reached through the back hole to grab the cables hanging behind it. Sugar Daddy wonders if perhaps he'll become an electrician, which would be really handy!

  • After we got him undressed and plunked him in the tub, a couple of cheerios floated to the surface, like miniature, oaty versions of those rings life guards carry around. It's a brave new world of cheerios.
Random Convo's:

After Swee'pea's bath, preparing to struggle his pyjamas onto him. Sugar Daddy breaks into song: "Bananas in Pyjamas."

Me: I've always thought that song is kinda dirty.

SD: Yeah, I know. I thought it was just me.

Me: I guess it's better than, "Bananas hanging out of Pyjamas."

* * *

Earlier in the day, Sugar Daddy's mom came to visit. SD was in the kitchen, and she was cuddling and chatting with Swee'pea, while I looked on.

MIL to Swee'pea: Your mom's the boss in this house. So when you grow up and rebel, you'll really resent her. Yes, you'll really resent her.

Me, sarcastic: Oh, the things I have to look forward to.

MIL: I wish I had something to look forward to.


* * *

Earlier still, driving in the car behind a Toyota Prius.

Me: Is Prius from the same root word as priapic?

SD: No, that's Priapus.

Me: Ah. I wondered why they would want to name a car after him...

5 comments:

Mad said...

C'mon, a car with a perpetual h**d-on. Who wouldn't want to drive that?

cinnamon gurl said...

Hee hee... that did occur to me while I was typing. But until I looked it up for the post, I thought priapic was more perverted.

Beck said...

My toddler has spent all morning throwing things in the toilet. Perhaps she'll grow up to be a plumber.

I haven't thought about Bananas in Pajamas for YEARS! Are they still on?

cinnamon gurl said...

I don't know, Beck. It only took one viewing many years ago for the song to stick in my head.

Her Bad Mother said...

Now I will never be able to look at a Prius in the same way...