Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Trip Down Memory Lane

Does this bring back memories for anyone?



Apparently Dr. Snuggles only lasted for 13 episodes but I remember loving the show. And I have had several conversations with my friend about how, looking back, it was really quite trippy, and its creators must have had some serious acid trips. Anyways, I have discovered a source for those 13 episodes, so I hope to be able to watch them soon. I know Sugar Daddy will love it and I haven't had a chance to see them since I was like 6. And, I just learned today that, apparently, Douglas Adams co-wrote episodes 7 and 12 or something like that, according to wikipedia.

Youtube is a goldmine of nostalgic tv shows.

I also found this:



And some great Sesame Street stuff, which other bloggers have been talking about lately.

My big Sesame Street question: Did they ever have a skit involving "Something's rotten in the state of Denmark"? I think it turned out to be cheese, or something. I'm not sure if this is memory or imagination, but I would love to find out. Please help me on this if you can...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I was (and am) a huge Sesame Street fan but I don't think I remember anything about "something rotten in the state of Denmark." I just did find a list of very old Sesame Street episodes on Sunday which reminded me of moments I'd forgotten: a girl who takes her llama to the dentist in NYC, the hard working dog ("I'm a dog, I'm a dog, I'm a working dog, I'm a hard working dog.."), and the milk skit in which the milking of cows and processing of milk is shown. (And I can't WAIT until the old Sesame Streets come out on DVD!)

I don't remember Dr. Snuggles at all... and I never watched Fraggle Rock. But I keep meaning to go look and see if YouTube has any of the old Superfriends episodes that I used to watch on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Anonymous said...

I don't remember Dr. Snuggles, I think it was after my time. And, sadly, I don't recall any skit about Denmark either. But, I am slowly getting back into the Sesame Street groove thanks to having a kid who loves Elmo! My favorite show was the Electric Factory. Do you remember that one?

cinnamon gurl said...

Yeah, I think Dr. Snuggles was only shown in Canada and the UK.

Momish, I don't remember the Electric Factory, but I think I remember the Electric Company. I think I quite liked it. I think it had talking shoes? Oh dear, I think I'm getting shows muddled in my head.