Cool. I just got tagged for the first time. Before this, I just picked memes I wanted to do and did them. Funnily enough, reading Bubandpie's, I started out thinking this might be kind of fun to do, but as I continued, I thought, no, it would just repeat most of what Bubandpie has said, especially the sleeping super powers. But since Bubandpie tagged me, I guess I will just need to go to the extra effort required not to repeat her. Oh, and I had to have extensive discussions with Sugar Daddy, because I so many answers have been just outside of my mental reach.
1. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?
Pussy Cat Dolls. Every time I see them on Ellen (and the number of times that has happened clearly indicates that sometimes Ellen is led by her crotch in deciding who to have on her show) they make me growl. And then I end up with that song that shall not be named doing the broken record thing in my head. Arrrggghhh!
2. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?
It's really too bad that this is narrowed to movies. My memory is failing... tv I could do... But since it has to be a movie star, I guess maybe Heath Ledger. I don't think I've seen any of his movies but I did see an interview with him and when asked what the best thing that came out of making Brokeback Mountain was, he said his two favourite girls entering his life: his wife and then their 3-month-old daughter. That answer and his accent make him yummy in my opinion.
3. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who do you pick?
When I was 14, I would have chosen Vanilla Ice, but luckily I've seen the light since then. Mind you, it's been a long time since I've really paid attention to the sexiness (or lack thereof) of the musicians I listen to. Upon reflection though, I choose Lenny Kravitz.
Yeah, I don't think I need to explain this one.
4. Now that you’ve slept with two different people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy shit, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?
These. Well, they're actually more than $100 but I'd chip in the extra. Or a cheap stroller to replace our freakin' expensive broken one. Arrrgh.
5. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Well, since we're already going to South Africa in January (Whoopee!), my second choice would be Italy I think. Or Namibia... ooh, or Turkey... Ok, I'll stop. Let's just stick with Italy.
6. Upon arrival to the aforementioned location, you get off the plane and discover another hundred-dollar bill. Shit! Now that you are in the new location, what are you gonna do?
Well, after I do what Bubandpie did, I'd buy some venetian glass. I doubt $100 would get me one of those but I could probably at least get some glass jewellry or beads.
7. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
Ah, hello?!? Sleep with Lenny Kravitz and Heath Ledger, of course. Actually, maybe I'd do something that I'd be too scared to do without knowing I was gonna die soon anyways... something like hanging on one those swingy, cable thingies through the canopy of a rainforest?
8. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?
Well, since Bubandpie already took sleeping, I think maybe I would like to be able to make other people, especially babies, sleep for any length of time and location I choose.
9. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
I know this is disgustingly sweet, but I think I would want to relive part of my wedding. I think it would actually be walking down the grassy 'aisle,' seeing all the people who were there for the sole purpose of wishing us well and welcoming us into our families, seeing Sugar Daddy looking pretty damn pleased with himself and me, then going through the ceremony and being pleasantly surprised with the wonderful words and rituals we had chosen for the ceremony months before.
Only this time, I would put the ring on his left ring finger, instead of jamming it near-permanently on his right.
10. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anytime in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
I think I would want to be a young adult in the early seventies, carefree, riding the rising disco wave. I don't think I have the temperament to be a cokehead but I could sure enjoy drunken revelry and disco inferno dancing. I think I would like the phone booth to also remove my pragmatism because I doubt it would have much place in the seventies.
11. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
The horrible horrible horrible food poisoning incident of 1998, which began as I finished a big bag of Doritos and The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover, a movie which could induce vomiting all on its own in some individuals. It was years before I could so much as look at the cover of this movie at my local video store without feeling intense nausea. I will spare you the details, but I will say that I lost so much fluid from my body that I literally did not pee for two days afterwards.
You could probably argue that most bad experiences in your life ended up providing worthwhile lessons and/or perspectives. But not this one, not food poisoning. I don't even know what the offending food was...
12. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check out this cool shit… you can move to anywhere else in the world! Bitchin’! What country are you going to live in now?
This one's a no brainer: South Africa, more specifically Cape Town.
13. The constant absorption of magical moonbeams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous-person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?
Kurt Cobain... because I still can't believe he's finished making music.
14. What’s your theme song?
Again, Bubandpie got a good one with Tubthumping... so instead I pick:
"Disco Inferno" by The Tramps. And I know why the caged bird sings -- I mean why the song is called disco inferno: because it's like 12 minutes long and if you request it at a dance club, like I did, and the dj is nice/desperate enough to play it, you too will burn baby burn.
Sorry, I think I got a bit carried away with the photos. But it was fun. Thanks Bubandpie.
Oh - and does this mean I get to tag someone else? If so, I tag penelopto and Mad Hatter. Though it may not be exactly Mad Hatter's thing, I'd love to see what she comes up with.
Sunday Morning Musings
1 day ago