Sunday, April 22, 2007

Check it out!

I have new digs! Sugar Daddy did all the design stuff, including the faux graffiti; I just took the picture. I can't remember if I posted that picture here before, but I snapped it in Joburg when Sugar Daddy's Auntie J indulged my love of urban decay and took me around parts of the city where I could shoot it without risking being mugged.

I have a thing for balconies with laundry hanging on them; not sure if you've noticed. Along with a thing for vespas and motorcycles and crumbly bricks and -- ok, I'll stop. Anyways, I saw the balcony and laundry and folks hangin' out, and couldn't resist. I swallowed my self-consciousness and asked Auntie J to stop. I hope I didn't write about this when we were in South Africa but I can't be bothered to check. Auntie J pulled over to the curb, and I got out and started snapping, car door still open, over the roof of the car. They noticed me and I held up my camera in the universal consent-requesting manner and they waved and carried on, pleased to be of interest to my lens. What I didn't notice at the time because I was too far away were the details of the people watching me watch them. The guy with the yoyo kills me. See him? Look closely. I feel so lucky to "have" him. He's in this shot, but by the next shot he'd disappeared inside I guess.

I love having a talented husband who knows how to do stuff like this. Do you notice that the little curly-cue things are actually like the ends of cinnamon sticks? Yep. Though I can't take the credit for that... that was SD's brilliant idea.

Thanks, SD!!

10 comments:

S said...

Very nice!

Could I borrow SD to fix up my site?

Everyone needs a Sugar Daddy, no? ;)

OhTheJoys said...

I love it!

NotSoSage said...

Wow! This looks great.

I meant to tell you that I took a wander through my 'hood last week and found some amazing graffiti that I wish I'd shown you. It was SO close to us.

Next time.

Kyla said...

Oooooooh! Fancy! I love it!

Mouse said...

This looks amazing, both the banner and the background! What an excellent husband!

Beck said...

Your page looks great!

karengreeners said...

love the new digs! you and sd make a great blog-pimpin team.

11111111 said...

That's a whole lot of groovy.

Mad said...

LOVE IT!

Back off, SM, I get Sugar Daddy first.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the new header. Props to Sugar Daddy!