Monday, August 18, 2008

in search of the perfect beige

I thought I had our bedroom colour chosen weeks ago. But it's been niggling at me that I just don't like the colour (Benjamin Moore's Waterbury Cream); it's too green. So yesterday, after Sugar D left for California, I decided to open it back up again. I have one day to decide, and today was my final walkthrough of the house. The winner? Benjamin Moore's French Toast (CC-224). I don't have time to second-guess myself... anyone have happy French Toast stories to share?

In less happy news, I discovered that I have to paint the baseboards. They have knots showing through. Not sure exactly when I'll find time to do that because I have only eight daycare hours before the hardwood installers come.

We also discovered more electrical work than we expected, thank to strategic placement of furniture. Oh well...

7 comments:

Kyla said...

Reading this makes me feel tired and anxious for you. The reason we've never painted is that I can't commit to a color. Too big of a decision! I hate decisions. LOL.

I do love french toast, though. Yum, yum. You can't go wrong ordering french toast, even as a paint color.

Bea said...

This is exactly what I went through - thinking I wanted the Historical Colours line because, well, they're historical and then realizing I don't want that greeny tinge (apparently what MAKES the colours historical is the bit of green mixed in). We went with Stone House (as you may recall), and at first I thought it was too boring, but I'm loving it more and more. French Toast was one of the colours I took with me on our emergency paint-picking trip, but the light in our house changed it completely. But in other lights, I absolutely love it.

Mad said...

You do know that you'll have to cover over all the knots with that special knot-covering stuff or they'll just bleed through again. FYI.

Janna said...

hyI don't know how true the colours on the website are....Waterbury Cream doesn't look green - but in my humble opinion, French Toast is far superior - your bedroom will look gorgeous and airy!
And if the baseboards don't get painted before the hardwood it isn't an issue - sometimes the intallers would just damage a fresh paint job anyways, so either order is fine - we had a great debate about which order to do things in when we had our floors redone...

Hannah said...

Echoing Mad's comment, she's dead right about that one. I learned it the hard way.

Just read Saturday's post too. Craptastic.

Good luck with hell week. At least Sweetpea is sleeping alone now. That's fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am old and here to tell you that in a very short amount of time it WILL NOT matter the paint color.

Love of family prevails.

I'm sure you'll do a fabulous job.

(Your) Anon

Anonymous said...

Bleeker beige or Bennington Gray (it is beige) or anything in those families are very good. Benjamin Moore. (MichelleW)