Thursday, December 06, 2007

shoes!

Um, I just bought the most fashion forward (in a sort of backwards 80's style) shoes I've ever bought in my life. Which isn't really saying much. I could never have imagined I would ever buy shoes like these. But I did:

party-shoes

party-shoes-detail

Not only could I not resist the see-through heels, but they were comfortable to boot!

See, Sugar D's (new) employer is having its Christmas party tomorrow night, and I didn't really have an outfit. So I bought a dress at a consignment shop but I quickly realized that I wasn't going to feel comfortable wearing my usual casual and comfortable footwear with it. It's black and white polka dotted silk with a fairly plunging neckline, fitted waist and a slight flare to the skirt -- although not enough flair to feel really safe that it won't cling in all the wrong places when I have nylons on. Hence the need for fancy, heeled shoes. I figured they'd make my legs look good and distract attention from my ass.

What do you think?

17 comments:

Nancy said...

Those shoes rock. They sound like they'll look great with the dress too!

flutter said...

Those are fantastic!!!

Beck said...

BEAUTIFUL.
I need to get an outfit for my husband's work party. That's going to be fun, I say sarcastically.

Mad said...

I'm hoping you'll post a picture of yourself all dooded up.

Suz said...

I love them...and wish I had a work Christmas party to go to!

Kyla said...

I second Mad's request. Please?

Jennifer said...

See through heels?!!

Oooo! Ahhh!

Run ANC said...

Sexy.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous! The dress sounds very flattering. Dare I suggest, if the dress is kinda soft-flowy that you consider control top pantyhose: I wear them ALWAYS with dresses that are more soft than structured. It's less physically comfortable (squish!) but I'm not self-conscious about my various jiggles all night. Serious.

God, I love those shoes. Well chosen!

(PS I think your b-e-a-yootiful, but if you love the dress and fear the jiggle, I humbly offer the pantyhose assvice.)

mamatulip said...

I LOVE THEM. Holy hell, do I love them.

11111111 said...

Those shoes look like you might have a sore back by the end of the night--I know they'd kill me.

Aliki2006 said...

Those are amazing shoes! I envy your ability to carry them off--they are awesome!

Girlplustwo said...

those shoes are money. they say whimsy and mystery. laughter and heat. work it, girl.

Kelly said...

Those shoes are to die for!

Christine said...

i LOVE them! PLEASE show us a picture of that dress 9and you in it!)

niobe said...

I. Love. Them.

The only way I could possibly love them more is if the heels were not only see-through, but filled with water and had fake goldfish swimming in them.

crazymumma said...

I can see the disco lights already! I have always loved lucite heels.