Thursday, December 06, 2007

shoes!

Um, I just bought the most fashion forward (in a sort of backwards 80's style) shoes I've ever bought in my life. Which isn't really saying much. I could never have imagined I would ever buy shoes like these. But I did:

party-shoes

party-shoes-detail

Not only could I not resist the see-through heels, but they were comfortable to boot!

See, Sugar D's (new) employer is having its Christmas party tomorrow night, and I didn't really have an outfit. So I bought a dress at a consignment shop but I quickly realized that I wasn't going to feel comfortable wearing my usual casual and comfortable footwear with it. It's black and white polka dotted silk with a fairly plunging neckline, fitted waist and a slight flare to the skirt -- although not enough flair to feel really safe that it won't cling in all the wrong places when I have nylons on. Hence the need for fancy, heeled shoes. I figured they'd make my legs look good and distract attention from my ass.

What do you think?

17 comments:

Mom Ma'am Me said...

Those shoes rock. They sound like they'll look great with the dress too!

flutter said...

Those are fantastic!!!

Beck said...

BEAUTIFUL.
I need to get an outfit for my husband's work party. That's going to be fun, I say sarcastically.

Mad Hatter said...

I'm hoping you'll post a picture of yourself all dooded up.

Suz said...

I love them...and wish I had a work Christmas party to go to!

Kyla said...

I second Mad's request. Please?

Jennifer said...

See through heels?!!

Oooo! Ahhh!

nomotherearth said...

Sexy.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous! The dress sounds very flattering. Dare I suggest, if the dress is kinda soft-flowy that you consider control top pantyhose: I wear them ALWAYS with dresses that are more soft than structured. It's less physically comfortable (squish!) but I'm not self-conscious about my various jiggles all night. Serious.

God, I love those shoes. Well chosen!

(PS I think your b-e-a-yootiful, but if you love the dress and fear the jiggle, I humbly offer the pantyhose assvice.)

mamatulip said...

I LOVE THEM. Holy hell, do I love them.

Denguy said...

Those shoes look like you might have a sore back by the end of the night--I know they'd kill me.

Aliki2006 said...

Those are amazing shoes! I envy your ability to carry them off--they are awesome!

jen said...

those shoes are money. they say whimsy and mystery. laughter and heat. work it, girl.

Kelly Malloy said...

Those shoes are to die for!

Christine said...

i LOVE them! PLEASE show us a picture of that dress 9and you in it!)

niobe said...

I. Love. Them.

The only way I could possibly love them more is if the heels were not only see-through, but filled with water and had fake goldfish swimming in them.

crazymumma said...

I can see the disco lights already! I have always loved lucite heels.