Tuesday, August 29, 2006

exploring the blogosphere

Ok. I'm beginning to feel like... hmm... can't find appropriate simile, probably because of my dumb mum.

But this whole blogging thing - well there are just so many clever blogs out there. I didn't even really want a blog, I thought they were kind of silly. Why have a diary available to the public if you want to keep a diary? But I've been writing while on mat leave and I suddenly decided I wanted to put some stuff online. Maybe other people were going through the same things I was with Ezra not sleeping in his crib. I just felt really alone. So my web designer husband suggested a blog but I didn't think that's what I wanted.

Anyways, I started it and now I've started looking at other people's blogs and reading books about blogs (Who Let the Blogs Out? by Biz Stone) and I'm realizing that I may never have to endlessly search my library for funny British novels because there are many funny British bloggers. And they really talk like they do in the novels. And I'm realizing that novels like Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding (I'm so pleased she used the apostrophe s - that's another pet peeve of mine), Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and Lucy Talk by Fiona Walker probably all grew out of the British blogging tradition. And I'm feeling stupid for just having no clue about all this until the last week or so.

So today's funny British blog is Johnny B's private secret diary.

No comments: