Sunday, August 12, 2007

nosey

blow-acidic

I recorded this tidbit way back when I lived in the house I biked past the other day.

A woman is walking down the street, a newspaper carrier bag slung over her shoulder, holding a little girl by the hand. She is telling a story:

"Once, when I was a little girl, I was being a little naughty. I was supposed to be selling cookies and there was this one house I was really curious about. So I went right up to the door and stuck my nose against the screen to see in. And you know what?"

"What?"

"I didn't realize the screen was dirty and I got a really dirty nose."

watching

5 comments:

Beck said...

Ha! That's so cute. I was expecting that story to go in a much darker direction.
And GORGEOUS photos.

niobe said...

Um...how, uh, anticlimactic. Couldn't the woman have at least made up a better story about what she saw through the window? Some people just lack imagination. Not you, though. Those photos inspire stories. What are those black things waving ominously from the windows? And what is that person leaning over to see?

flutter said...

That's really cute

S said...

Your photos are consistently incredible.

Aliki2006 said...

I was expecting a darker story, too. And I agree with s.m.--those photos, they take my breath away!