Friday, August 10, 2007

It's a BOY!

I was going to throw myself a little pity party (and I may still do that later) but Swee'pea has a cousin to celebrate. My sister-in-law had her third child yesterday afternoon at around 4 pm, a boy born at home. Hurrah! Still waiting to hear his name, and considering their first went for at least a week or two without a name, I'm not holding my breath.

What surprises me is how much I already love this newest member of our family and I haven't even laid eyes on him. I can't wait to meet him. New babies rock!

10 comments:

S said...

Congrats! I agree about newborns.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
It is so nice that Swee'pea has such a nice little crop of cousins.

Beck said...

Aw! Congratulations! That's so nice.

Anonymous said...

Cngratulations! And I totally understand how you can immediate love someone you never met!

karengreeners said...

Congratulations! There's nothing like the arrival of a new baby to put things in perspective.

Mad said...

Congratulations!

flutter said...

Oh! congrats Aunty!

Girlplustwo said...

i am amazed at how much more excitement i muster now that i have one too. it's really very cool. congrats.

N. said...

...any further word on the name? Yes, I'm obsessive.

BTW you were referenced greatly this weekend. Sage and I devised the cover story (in case her family asked for details) that we were old friends who'd met through {{your real life name}} years ago in uni. Thanks for being our beard.

cinnamon gurl said...

AD, no word yet. It took them 10 days to decide on their firstborn's name so it could be a while yet.