Keep house cleaner.
New Strategies for the Ancient War on my Pack Rat Tendencies:
1) Take the extra 10 minutes once clean clothes are folded to actually put them away, like in drawers and stuff.
2) Open mail once a week instead of once a month, even the bank statements. Throw out envelopes, etc. Put up sign refusing flyers.
3) Get closet organizers, and, you know, organize them.
4) Disassemble Jolly Jumper and put in the basement. Find alternative laundry storage that the cat won't sleep/shed/puke on.
5) Do something with the foot-high pile of "to be filed" papers on top of the overfilled files that can't fit anymore in. Maybe buy some new file folders and start a 2007 set?
6) Stop using the kitchen table as a dumping ground.
7) Stop using the dining room table as a dumping ground.
8) Stop using the front hall shelf as a dumping ground. Maybe buy a new piece that fits more shoes and stuff in it.
9) Stop using every single surface out of Swee'pea's reach as a dumping ground. Find permanent homes for stuff or throw them out right away.
10) Stop using the laundry room as a dumping ground; stick to the basement.
11) Donate Donate Donate: clothes that I only wear for Halloween; clothes that I haven't worn in two years (except that in those two years I've been pregnant and postpartum, so maybe that's not fair?); serving dishes that I don't like as much as the new ones we got in South Africa.
12) Put away maternity clothes and baby stuff in a semi-permanent way.
Thanks to the generosity of Sugar Daddy's family, we have a much smaller debt from our trip than we expected. So this morning I went out and dropped a bunch of money buying various items to organize our house and closets: boxes, baskets, drawer units, etc. Plus a coupla gates for the top and bottom of the stairs. Hopefully tonight I will not drop suddenly after dinner from jetlag and will be able to organize some stuff somewhere between dinner and House.
Just a coupla random shots... Posting and organizing photos is proving a long and arduous process... check out my flickr page periodically if you want sneak peeks in the meantime... I'm uploading every day.
Baby belly laughs and a Fisher-Price contest
21 hours ago