Saturday, January 06, 2007

Public Service Announcement

I have just discovered THE BEST MANGO JUICE EVER. It's by a company called Wilde, imported from South Africa (does everything wonderful and good originate there?!? [I'm thinking first of Sugar Daddy of course]), not from concentrate, no sugar added, no water added. Just pure mango juice goodness so thick it coats the side of your glass.

Seriously. Go find yourself some of this stuff. Fantastic! And I don't even like juice. Just mango juice. This juice could cause people to fall down on the street in bliss, like Dr. Weil mentioned in his book, Marriage of the Sun and Moon, which is a fascinating series of essays about the highs produced by our nervous system. He says that during mango season in Bombay, you will sometimes see people lying on the sidewalk, mango bits still on their lips.

Two very good things: the juice and the book.

Oh -- and nobody paid me to say these things, though I would happily accept money now that I've said them of my own free will. Is that wrong?

5 comments:

Beck said...

Yeah, my grocery store has four aisles. So I'll put this on my list for the next time I'm at the Big City Health Food Store... love mangos.

Girlplustwo said...

and just think of how much locally produced mango juice you'll have your hands on very soon.

and thanks for your comments my way..the pluses and minuses..i keep going back to that again and again today.

Mimi said...

When I was doing my BA, there was a store on campus that had fresh mango juice like you describe. Ludicrously expensive, but I could hardly ever resist. Liquid mango, with no goober running down your arms. Perfect.

Damn. Now I want mango juice.

Aliki2006 said...

I bet we don't have this in NC...I love mango juice, though--so I will search high and low for this one!

OhTheJoys said...

I'm a big fan of the "Looza" brand...

Thanks for your so, so nice comment!