Monday, January 08, 2007

Memes

So I was tagged for a meme by the wonderful Beck. I guess I sort of asked for it, but that wasn't really my intention... anyways, here goes.

1. Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?

I like the contents of my blog... well mostly. Sometimes I think there's too many boring mundane details. The look: well I like the colour (it's totally me) but as Sugar Daddy is a kickass designer, we've been intending for him to do something really cool with the design. I just haven't let him at the computer long enough. Eventually, I suppose.

2-Does your family know about your blog?
Yep. Although my mom lost the address and I deliberately haven't given it to her again because there are some things on here she may not want to read. My brother and sister have visited once or twice.

3-Can you tell your friends about your blog?
I have, but only one or two actually read it. Which is fine... now that I have a few virtual readers.

4-Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?
No. But my preferences seem to fluctuate.

5-Did your blog positively affect your mind?
Definitely. I've gotten back into photography, and my writing has gotten way better. Not only that, but I'm way more "in the moment" and notice way more interesting little details about the world.

6-What does the number of visitors to your blog mean?
Hmm... this one's a tricky one... what does the number mean to me? Well, I'll come clean and wish it were bigger. And I wish there were a more even relationship between the number of visitors and number of commenters. But lately I haven't had the energy to comment much on other blogs so maybe that's why? Or maybe I just alienate a lot of readers...

7-Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Sort of... but more in a way that I'm almost always surprised when I see actual photos of them.

8-Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
Well, it definitely has real benefit to me (see above). Does it have any real benefit to the world in general? Sure. Especially when bloggers do things like Mad and Jen are doing. And I think it's pretty valuable to share experiences that wouldn't otherwise be shared, and to be exposed to new and different perspectives.

9-Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
I don't really get this question...

10-Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
I don't think I've visited any strictly political blogs. I think I prefer it when political stuff just shines through other subjects...

11-Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
No, I think it would just discourage me from writing or sharing my view. Open discussion is good, pure criticism not so much. Constructive criticism maybe...

12-Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?
Nope, never thought about it before yesterday. I guess Sugar Daddy would probably figure out to post some kind of notice...

13-Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
Yowsers, this is a toughie. Keeping in mind that I didn't discover blogs until I already had one, probably Mad Hatter, because she was the first blogger who actually came to my blog, encouraged me when I was feeling discouraged, and she introduced me to the Canadian mother blogging world. It's such a treat that she still reads my blog.

14-Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
Like Beck, I see bits of myself in lots of bloggers, but there are always big differences too: faith, profession, passion etc. I'd love to say penelopeto but she's way cooler than me.

15-Name a song you want to listen to?
Lately, I've been really really obsessed with Bob Marley's Sun is Shining and Fatboy Slim's remix of it. I just can't get enough.

I tag Mad Hatter and Bubandpie for this one.

* * *

That last question actually makes a pretty good segue into this other meme I want to do. I wasn't tagged for it, but it sure looks fun, so I've stolen it from Dani of Postcards from the Mothership.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
Ripple by the Grateful Dead
(hmmm, not sure what that means, except maybe the world sees me as more fluid than I really am?)

Will I have a happy life?
Voodoo Lady by Ween
(I don't know what that means)

What do my friends really think of me?
Haven't Got a Clue by the Flaming Lips
(Ok then)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Lots of Lovin by Mecca and the Soul Brother
(Ooh, I like this answer)

How can I make myself happy?
Paranoid by Black Sabbath
(Does this mean that people really ARE out to get me??)

What should I do with my life?
Spoonman by Underworld
(Any ideas out there what this means??)

Will I ever have children?
(Ok, I find this kind of embarrassing but I guess I have to tell the truth...)

Good Pussy by D4L, which I have never heard before...

(I guess that's a yes?)

What is some good advice for me?
Blade Runner Theme Song by Vangelis

(This is one of Sugar Daddy's favourite movies but I haven't seen it in a very long time and can't really remember anything of it... anyone want to give me some advice from it?)

How will I be remembered?
Bobblehead by D4L
(okay, that's just offensive)

What is my signature dancing song?
After the Goldrush by Neil Young
(I don't think it's a great dancing song but I did have fun moshing when he played at Molson Park many moons ago)

What do I think my current theme song is?
Fuckin' Up by Neil Young
(okay, that's pretty accurate! Freaky)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Stimela by Hugh Masakela
(Actually, this could also be true... it's South African and stimela means train)

What song will play at my funeral?
Alive by Pearl Jam
(Wow, cool. I remember listening to Ten over and over again on a trip to Scotland... to this day whenever I hear anything from that album I see grey skies, grey ocean and faded brown mountains...)

What type of men/women do you like?
Men: Ceolakanth Is Android [polysics] by MSTRKRFT
Women: Fumbling over Words that Rhyme by Edan

(more of Sugar Daddy's downloads but they seem somewhat apt? Except I can't remember what a ceolakanth is and I don't know about the android part but whatever)

What is my day going to be like?
Mr. Roboto by Styxx
(huh? Oh the lyrics talk about I need control so that sounds about right...)

I tag Jen, penelopeto (whenever she gets around to starting another blog), and notsosagewisdom. I know... I'm so greedy with my tags, but I bet these people will have some great answers! Have fun!

13 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Followed you here from Beck's Blog. Those were really fun MeMes.. loved your answers!

Mad said...

Excellent. When I saw this at Beck's yesterday, I was hoping to get tagged. Am about to post for today but I promise to get this one out tomorrow.

Will be back to comment on your responses as soon as I get a chance to read your post in detail.

NotSoSage said...

YAY! I have finally entered the realm of the tagged. Thankyouthankyouthankyou...

I promise not to let it go to my head. :)

I'm so excited, I've gotten ahead of myself...now I'm going to go back and read the post, and I'm going to be a good little labourer and post tonight, once I'm home from work.

NotSoSage said...

If I remember my biology correctly (it's been many moons), I think that a coelokanth is a primordial creature that they've found still living in Madagascar.

Or I could be waaaayyyyy off.

karengreeners said...

um, ok, do i love you because you called me cool, or do i love you because your life is like ripple (our dead cat's name was cassidy), or do i love you because you published pictures of your kid after a rainbow threw up on him?

watch out for #2. it'll shut your blog down faster than you can say dial-up.

Beck said...

Great answers! I NEVER know who to tag with that sort of thing - will people think it's fun or think it's a pesty burden?
I've only very recently started getting more commentors (if you read through my older posts, you'll see that I was generally getting 2-5 comments a day for most of my blog). It's nice, and I do enjoy it, but it has changed the way I write in some ways that are maybe not so good. Always two sides to things, I guess.

Mad said...

Oooo, good answers Sin. And I need to say that the love flows both ways. I am thrilled to read your blog each day and I love the ease of your prose and the way your personality shines through in your writing.

The writing part doesn't always come so easy to me so I must admit that I am impressed with your output and couldn't really beleive how you managed to post so much, so well in NowBlowMe November.

One of the cool things about having been a regular reader for so long (I know, I know it's only been 4 months but time is a freaky thing here in the 'sphere and I have done more archive mining as well) is that I have seen you come into your writing and your ease of style. That is soooo cool.

OK, I'm off to ponder my responses.

Bea said...

Hooray for tags! I've been having such meme-envy lately - it's been awhile since I've been tagged and I was really hoping for this one. (Not that I'm above meme-stealing, mind you, but I worried that it might jinx me for an actual tag, so I'm glad I held out for the real thing.)

Girlplustwo said...

ah...nice. problem is i can't shuffle the music like this and by blogging at the same time...but hey, hey, hey, i might answer a question or two from the meme you posted above this one - can you re-tag me on the other one??

cinnamon gurl said...

Jen, as you wish. Consider yourself tagged and detagged...

It occurred to me after that you might prefer the first meme but I thought you might also have an interesting music collection for the second one.

DaniGirl said...

Ooo, interesting music in your player! Thanks for playing along!! (And laughing at B&P's tag envy - I was just thinking the same thing recently reading a couple of memes, sending 'tag me! tag me!' vibes to the blogosphere!!)

cinnamon gurl said...

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of how I picked up on B&P's tag me tag me vibes...

Aliki2006 said...

Love, love, love the answers--I've been having meme withdrawl lately (one of the bonuses of going public again may be that I hope I get tagged some day for a thrilling meme) so reading your meme was perfect!