Friday, April 18, 2008

bon voyage to me

Oh what a delicious feeling it is to have everything packed and we just need to wait for the appointed time to leave. Almost every item is crossed off every list, except a few last-minute things to make sure we don’t leave anything in our hallway. No more worrying, no more thinking ahead to the kinds of things we *might* need in Cuba, no more worst case scenarios…

This time tomorrow, we should be in Cuba.

I’m not even that sad that I probably won’t see my bloodroot shoots come up, wrapped in their big funny leaves like a self-conscious woman in a wrap who needs a few stiff drinks before she sheds it and then suddenly she’s this audacious beauty of glowing white fineness in a world where everyone else is still just getting their green on.

And I’m only a little sad that I’m probably not going to see my backyard turn purple with these strange spring ephemerals that pop up in April to feed the winter-beaten bees and then die, leaving nothing to show for their week of sweet nectar and raucous colour but tiny colourless bulbs in the dirt.

Instead, I’ll have to settle for azure waves, palm trees and sticky sand. Poor me.

(I’m hoping to post from time to time but not sure how frequent it will be. Definitely won’t be able to visit you though, so if something big happens to you, please email me.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEE HAW! Have a great trip, Cinnamon Family!

S said...

Aw, Sin. Have the best time yet. I expect it to be spectacular.

Run ANC said...

so so jealous...

Mad said...

Have fun!

Mimi said...

Oh, it's gonna be awesome! Have a GREAT time!

metro mama said...

Have a good trip!