Monday, November 26, 2007

scene from a married life

Scene: Chez Cinnamon, the first morning of Sugar D's new job, the first morning he hasn't left long before Cinnamon Gurl, Swee'pea, or the sun have risen, the first morning of dual parenting after four months.

CG to SD: Well, I'll get our lunches together.

SD: Oh -- is there anything besides last night's chili for lunch?

CG, momentarily perplexed because Sugar D liked that chili a lot: Uhh, there's tortellini.

SD: Ok, I'll have that.

More confusion from CG, because Sugar D isn't that big a fan of tortellini...

Then the lightbulb goes on over CG's head.

CG, laughing heartily at Sugar D's expense: Ha! You just don't want to fart on your first day!

[pause] Can I blog this?

13 comments:

Christine said...

hahahaha!

hope his first day is going well and is gas free!

niobe said...

I am so not commenting on this.

Kyla said...

LOL! Classic and hilarious.

Good luck today, SD!

mamatulip said...

*snort*

My husband would have done the same thing.

S said...

Classic!

Mad said...

Well, he clearly doesn't want to reveal all his secrets at once, now does he?

dawn224 said...

I'm impressed hr thought that far ahead!

Beck said...

Now THAT is how to make a good first impression.

b*babbler said...

Hehehe! Pure blogging gold!

flutter said...

*snirk*

Anonymous said...

You ask permission first? What a concept! My husband just looks at me and rolls his eyes and says, "You're blogging this, aren't you?"

Mimi said...

He's a very thoughtful guy, that Sugar D.

And ain't co-parenting *grand*. Ahhhh. Bask in the shared mornings.

crazymumma said...

Oh that was good. Thank you , I needed a laugh.