Well, we didn't get it.
And we're ok with that. Out of the five offers, three (one of them was ours) were too close to choose between. So they asked all three of us to improve our offers if possible to help them choose.
The last few hours we have been thinking that we'd be a little bit relieved if they didn't accept our offer, relieved that the decision would have been taken from our control and that it would mean so much less upheaval and worry about selling our house. Also, I discovered today that the adorable k-6 school that's pretty much across the street and down some steps is likely to be closed in a few years and consolidated with another school, still walking distance but not nearly so close.
In the end, we decided not to improve our offer. It's one thing to contemplate an enormous mortgage, but it's quite another to contemplate the possibility of an enormous mortgage coupled with a manageable mortgage. I guess we just bottled out, but I'm really ok with that. And truthfully, I'm not sure we could do a house that nice justice. I mean, we don't own an iron or hairbrush and we hate shopping.
Still... I think I might cry, just a little bit.
Did we make a mistake?
Um, no, we didn't make a mistake. It sold for $10k more than we offered, and we were never ever going to go that high. Que sera sera.
Low Stress Side Projects
1 day ago