Tuesday, May 27, 2008

[updated for an ugly morning]

You wouldn't think a warm night has a sound but it does. It blows in on the sweet fresh air as you push open the heavy window. It's like a hum but that's not the right word. Too loud. A buzz is too electric. I think it's really of distant cars and factories beating the air. Every once in a while a car drives over the sound and fills my dark room. I feel so rested this morning, after a full night of quiet sounds like an ocean and all of my personal space intact.

OMG I wrote WAY too soon! As soon as I hit publish Swee'pea started whining this pathetic gulping sound and couldn't put his angst into words. He eventually ate some breakfast and seemed happier but then freaked about putting clothes on. I was such a ball of anger by the time we got in the car that I was actually kind of pissed that he just skipped into school happy as can be. I feel like I was run over by a train after a sleepless night. Off to get another cup of tea!

6 comments:

Mad said...

Mornings have definitely replaced dinner hour as my least favourite time of the day. I can't believe how moody and whiny children can be after a perfect night's rest.

flutter said...

oh damn.

Anonymous said...

You jinxed yourself, huh? I do this all the time, eagerly accepting compliments about my children's behaviour only to have the lil' dears start acting out horribly and publicly within minutes.

Since the all the employers in town went belly up I'm sleeping better at night. I can't hear the low frequency rumbles of the various mill machinery floating across the valley. Mind you I would 'sleep better' if the Omegaman's work situation was a bit more stable. Ah. Win some. Lose some.

Janet said...

All I can think is "Bloggus Interruptus." Not sure why.

S said...

well, it was lovely while it lasted.

Aliki2006 said...

Sorry...I have learned that no sooner do I gush about being rested than a sleepless night hits me in the head.