Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just in case you thought I was exaggerating...

in semi-recent posts... So convinced am I that this is the world's worst ID photo EVER, I will open myself to the shame of posting it. Go on... just try and beat it (and post your own if you dare!)


















Note: My hair is not greeny blonde, and I do not have a gap between my front teeth (not that I think gaps in front teeth are bad, just kinda bad if you're supposed to... you know, LOOK like your ID badge). My glasses are also much nicer, I think.

And back when I talked about the need to reorganize our house? I wasn't kidding. (Again, clearly I have no shame!)

Before:

feb26 008

(Look! I was reading Mama Tulip right before I decided to document the disaster that is our dining room!)


feb26 006


Incidentally, I haven't kept a single resolution, except organizing ONE closet out of three.

After:

(A slight improvement but still not great)

mar2b 003

Mmmm... cookies...

mar2b 002

(Yes, I know it's still not a dining room table, really...)

Note that I am not showing any pictures of the state of these spaces RIGHT NOW.

* * *

Thanks again for the comments yesterday. Sugar Daddy didn't really want me to post that because he thought it was too personal, but when he read the comments he was glad... it really is comforting knowing that we aren't the only people who have struggled this way. Yay blogosphere!

* * *

I HATE this time change! I always have a hard time with it, but I HATE how early it is. I hate that even if I get up at 7, not that early, it's still dark. Who's stupid idea was that anyways?!?

13 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh geez, that really IS a hideous picture -- and I'm remembering your wedding photos, so I know you're super gorgeous in real life. Wow. My ID is really bad, too, but I don't have a scanner right now ... but it's worth finding one to share the awfulness.

You are my inspiration for the current cleaning bug around here. You've made significant progress on that table and desk! Woo!

cinnamon gurl said...

Ha ha, Mimi, that's the end result, not the midpoint...

Mad said...

You manage to put cookies on a plate!!! You are the most organized woman I've ever met. As for the rest, it could be my house. Lately I've been writing about all the pluses of blogging. Domestic cleanliness is NOT one of them.

Oooooo, that picture makes me want to scan a hideous high school ID card (bad perm and all). The scanner is in my husband's office, though, and lord knows when I'll find time to do that.

Bea said...

No computer should have to live on a table that small - it's just inviting clutter. Very brave post - the part about the space between your teeth is really the best part (how did they actually manage to create that illusion? - they do it with mirrors?).

Kyla said...

You are evidently my kind of people, as evidenced by your computer workspace. :)

karengreeners said...

one word for you - laptop. that way, your desk can stay as cluttered as it likes to be, and you can peacefully read blogs on the couch!

OhTheJoys said...

I kind of like the photo. It makes me think your hair might possibly just go on and on for days!

NotSoSage said...

Wow, you are brave. If I had a scanner I might share a few...

I have a special fondness for spaces in front teeth. I had a boyfriend once whose teeth looked like a slot you could probably fit a loonie through. And, man, he was sexy.

This weekend Mme L will be in your neck of the woods and so Joe and I will be tackling the tidiness issue. If we get far enough, we may even knock a big hole in one of our walls (to make up for all the cleaning we will have accomplished).

Beck said...

That photo is excellent. I have this also-excellent health card photo of myself taken while I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT. I look like a hippo in a Betty Page wig. And no, I shan't be posting it.
Your before and after photos are inspiring - now I feel, however briefly, like organizing my desk, too. The feeling will pass, however.

Anonymous said...

I think your dining room looks great compared to most of my house. Times like this I am sooo glad that blogging doesn't allow people to see me and my surroundings through the screen!

I've also had bad ID photos in my time, but thankfully they were replaced by better ones. ;-)

Mimi said...

Oops! I meant that you had made progress on the whole house by masterfully re-organizing the desk and table, as your first step on entire-home domination :-)

Aliki2006 said...

I actually didn't think the ID photo looked that bad (not as bad as mine, at least, and I'm not brave enough to post it) and I too am impressed that your cookie sat on a plate. My cookies are usually sitting on student papers, or just the table...!

11111111 said...

I already posted a photo ID picture here. It was for my passport. My drivers licence is something else, entirely.