Monday, December 18, 2006

Saturday Morning at the Spa

I seem to be struggling with some blogger's block. I only want to write about the logistical crap I remain focused on. Today's it's daycare and the terrible things they feed the poor kids, and how they watch a movie every afternoon and crap like that. But... I think I may have found my hippie daycare provider. We still have to see her house and meet in person and everything, but talking on the phone was great. Their house/family is lacto-ovo vegetarian but she will feed your child meat if you supply it. We don't eat meat at home, so that won't be an issue. And she nursed her daughter until she was 3 1/2 and co-slept, so she understands where we're coming from and won't make Swee'pea cry it out for naps. Fingers crossed...

To avoid further boredom on subjects like this, I give you my Saturday morning laugh on the way to the Farmer's Market:

Saturday Morning at the Spa

Saturday Morning at the Spa

First, the license plate made me cringe. Then I laughed at the fact that it was outside the European Aesthetics Spa. This morning, looking at the photo, I giggle at the sign's "Parking at Rear" right under the lady's rear.

It occurs to me that the license is a bit ambiguous. Does it mean there are 4 Hot Chicks in it? Or is the number meant to stand in for "for" and the driver is looking For Hot Chicks?

9 comments:

Beck said...

A lot of daycares DO feed kids awful garbage - I put my son in our local daycare for a morning a week last spring to give him something to do, and he would come home every day reporting that they'd had crackers for a snack. Mmm, crackers.
I just about decked a woman once who was bragging about how she had one of her little charges "cry it out" every day for hours. It was, she said, her mother's fault for spoiling her. That's wonderful. Instead, I phoned the mother and told her exactly how her childcare provider was treating her kid.

NotSoSage said...

You know what's crazy? I was in Guelph visiting my in-laws yesterday and this car was parked in the lot of the restaurant where we ate -- my MIL commented on the license plate. Very weird. I, too, wondered who owned it. A mother and three older daughters? Is it a business vehicle?

Confusing.

Mimi said...

I'm such a dummy I thought the license said 'for hitch-hikers' and was at a loss to understand.

Park at rear. Heh-heh :-)

cinnamon gurl said...

Beck, your comment scares the shit outta me. Even more fingers crossed for the hippie mama daycare now. Good for you for phoning the mom.

notsosage, where'd you eat?

karengreeners said...

lol - I thought the license plate for 4 Hitch Hike! I didn't get it.

I hope hope the babysitter works out - trust me, I know how daunting it is to find the right person.

We couldn't, so we a got a nanny who we share with another family, and who would feed bee all the healthy food i wanted her to have, lets her nap on the couch, and never turns the tv on.

NotSoSage said...

Sin,

I'm ashamed to tell you. While Joe and I -- left to our own devices -- tend to frequent places like the Cornerstone and With the Grain, my in-laws' favourite place is the Town & Country. And while I'm all for visiting greasy spoons as a novelty now and then, that's certainly not the spirit in which they visit it.

But I do find it funny that 4 Hot Chicks would be parked in the lot of greasy spoon, a day after visiting the spa.

cinnamon gurl said...

Hee hee, I've never even heard of Town and Country.

With the Grain is a big fave with us.

Mad said...

Just goes to show you how slippery language is (or at least licence plate acronyms). I thought the car was pro hitch-hiking. Silly me.

Oooo, just read the other comments. Silly us.

cinnamon gurl said...

Maybe the car is pro-hitch hiking... I totally didn't see that, but the hot chicks idea is so silly, I have a hard time imagining who would do that.