Friday, December 15, 2006

The Flaky One

I would just like to take a moment to point out that it was Beck who mentioned the whole flaky one/responsible one in each relationship (I am assuming, of course, that I am the responsible one in my relationship). So here is the kicker. Sugar Daddy discovered his citizenship card this afternoon. In his wallet. Tucked into a "hidden" pocket that he forgot existed when he looked through his wallet the other morning. The funny thing is that I almost said, "Let me look through your wallet," when we first discovered it missing. But I squashed that thought because of course he was being thorough in his search.

But I will stop dwelling on how my explosion and most of my stress of the last few days was totally unnecessary and just enjoy the relief that Sugar Daddy will at least have a valid Canadian passport for our trip.

10 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

I'm glad the card showed up...and I just caught up with your other few posts (you're so prolific!) and sometimes just letting yourself explode a bit is cathartic...my husband has born the brunt of some explosions, and vice versa--it's all part of it.

Her Bad Mother said...

Unnecessary or not - stress is stress. Feels the same.

Glad that the card turned up. When cards disappear 'round here, it's because a certain miniature pickpocket has been at work.

Sandra said...

Ah the stress ... I know the kind. I looked for a week for my husbands passport when he had it tucked away in his desk at work the whole time!

Girlplustwo said...

i am just glad it turned out ok...

Beck said...

I'm such a jerk - I laughed when I read this. Oh, I HAVE BEEN THERE. Of course, I'm normally the person who is all "WHERE ARE MY KEYS?" and then running around like a maniac looking for them and pshawing my husband asking me if they're in my coat pocket.
And they are ALWAYS, always in my pocket. Every time.

cinnamon gurl said...

Ha, Beck. Usually Sugar Daddy can't find something and I go over to the area he was just looking in, pick some small item up, and there it is. So I shouldn't have been surprised, I suppose.

metro mama said...

Oh, so very frustrating. Glad you found it though.

N. said...

MAN PURSES!
The solution is man purse!
Purses for men!
Why will they not carry a purse! The Omega Man constantly looses his wallet and his keys and he never has a tissue for the kids or snacks for the kids (or me!).
He briefly consented to carry around a bike courier bag that he deemed 'butch enough' but now we are back in the cycle of pocket checks and panicked marathons searching for his crap.
I soooooooo feel your pain.

ewe are here said...

Ahhh. My husband's always asking me where things are, even though they're in the same place they've always been! Must be a 'y' chromosome thing. ;-)

11111111 said...

Wow, we have the same husband (except mine is a woman). She'll open the fridge and ask, "Where's the milk?"