Yay! I've been tagged by Beck for 8 facts about me.
1. I didn't like the authoritarian tone of the rules that MUST be posted first in this meme. But I would have grudgingly followed the rules if it weren't for Alpha Dogma's brazen flouting of them. Now I feel empowered. (Oh - and I'm awfully jealous of AD's kick-ass sesame street video that she used to illustrate her meme.)
Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
2. I haven't really belly danced since I started back to work in early March. I just haven't been able to balance it with
(This isn't me. You probably know that. It's my beautiful instructor.
3. We also went to Peterborough last weekend. I took a lot of photos, but I think this one is my favourite. See the dog in the window? It took a lot of work to make him visible against the black black shadow and retain the detail in the bricks.
4. I really hate it when Sugar D takes the soap from the bathroom sink for a shower instead of performing the Herculean task of getting a new bar of soap from the cupboard.
5. Until last weekend, I didn't know that some dogs understand and can employ irony with considerable success:
Although I suppose it goes along with biting the hand that feeds them.
6. I don't like lobster. I don't really like any shellfish, although I used to like eating mussels the same way I liked doing shots of tequila without the salt and lemon thing. I thought it made me look tough. My current aversion to shellfish is a vestige of my vomit/food poisoning phobia.
7. I'm very upset with the SYTYCD judges for the June 28 results. First, they should never have said goodbye to Cedric before the votes. It makes people buck against authority. Second, Neil and Lauren should have gone home long before Jesus and Jessi. I'm especially heartbroken about Jesus, because he and Sara were my favourite couple. That said, I suspect they don't trust Jessi's health; she was kind of evasive about that.
8. If Swee'pea cries in the night after I've been watching Lost, it takes me a long time to understand that he's not in charge of things at the island or having premonitions or carrying out nefarious research on us. AND I think Sawyer is my new favourite character... I like that his arrogance has softened a bit so now I can just enjoy his dimples and the way he keeps looking at Kate. (I've also had a few nice dreams about him.)
(I think that's more than 8 facts really, but whatever. We're heading out the door for the weekend, so I'm not going to bother linking my tags: christine, mimi, kyla, bubandpie, metro mama, denguy, aliki2006, and niobe. I also don't have time to go and tell them, so I guess that means I'm breaking another rule (I'm such a rebel!). I'll fix it on Monday.